Convert InDesign to QuarkXPress, including placed Illustrator and PDF files, with Markzware‘s ID2Q for QuarkXPress 10. This Markzware Quark XTension can import InDesign CC (Creative Cloud INDD) files into QXP for graphic design:
Markzware ID2Q for QuarkXPress 10
Placed Illustrator and PDF Files
ID2Q and Placed Illustrator (AI) and PDF Files
ID2Q for QuarkXPress 10 can convert InDesign files that have a placed Illustrator or PDF file. In some cases, if using ID2Q for QuarkXPress 9 (not 10), the converted images may shift and scale. In the example pictured above, the artwork shifted outside of the visible area and is scaled in QXP 9. It is only visible in the screen cap shown because the Picture Content Tool (R) is selected in QXP. If you run into the above issue, you must run ID2Q under QuarkXPress 10 to get a proper conversion.
Here is a video to show how to use ID2Q data conversion software:
How to Convert InDesign to QuarkXPress with Markzware ID2Q:
1. Click “Markzware” in the QuarkXPress Menu Bar and select “Convert InDesign Document…”
from the Markzware ID2Q fly-out menu.
2. Select the InDesign file to convert and click Open. (You will see a conversion progress bar. The InDesign file will appear rebuilt in QuarkXPress.)
3. Save, close and reopen the new QuarkXPress file.
4. Remap any missing fonts or images via QuarkXPress.
5. Re-save the new QuarkXPress (QXP) document.
For more information on Markzware’s InDesign to QuarkXPress XTension, please see the ID2Q page. For more data conversion software and document conversion tools, please see the Markzware Products page.
Markzware ID2Q for QuarkXPress 10 Placed Illustrator and PDF Files