Markzware IDMarkz macOS app users can quickly grab an Adobe InDesign story, without having to run Adobe’s InDesign program. See more details, videos and graphics, in this article:
As an InDesign user, you may begin to wonder “Now, where is that story? Which document was that in?” However, not all .indd documents have thumbnails, let alone have thumbnails for every page.
So, you can use the IDMarkz app by Markzware, to view previews, until you recognize which file you want. IDMarkz can be a very helpful InDesign file workstation.
Markzware develops preview, preflight, and file conversion software for printers, publishers, graphic designers, creatives, and other industry professionals. Markzware’s IDMarkz is a multi-featured application that processes Adobe InDesign files for use in numerous file formats on the macOS platform.
Export InDesign Story Text
In the “Export” section of IDMarkz, you can export InDesign story text, without needing to use a plugin! Markzware‘s app enables you to export InDesign text stories as HTML, RTF, TXT, IDML and other file formats.
Video: InDesign Text Export with IDMarkz NEW
Click the image below, to see the video:
The stand-alone IDMarkz application, from Markzware, helps users to view, export and convert native
Adobe InDesign .indd files on the macOS platform. Export Adobe InDesign story text as Hypertext
Markup Language (HTML), without a Creative Cloud subscription!
Preview any Adobe InDesign file and view basic file info. Zoom previews and drag thumbnails from the preview area, to create a PDF of the page. Export InDesign files as HTML, IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF, using IDMarkz.
Share InDesign Pages to Email & Social Media
Click the image below, to see the video:
Feature in Markzware’s IDMarkz macOS application, to “Export” InDesign Stories as “HTML”
You can use Markzware‘s IDMarkz to export InDesign text to HTML files. Then, you can import or paste that HTML into MailChimp, Constant Contact, or other online platforms that accept HTML or HTML files. Click on the following link, to see the steps that MailChimp recommends, to paste HTML, for use in an email campaign:
Paste in HTML to Create a Campaign
How to Export InDesign HTML, via IDMarkz
• Drag & drop your file onto the “Drag and drop files here” section of the IDMarkz window.
• Click on the “Export” icon in the top left of the IDMarkz viewing window.
• Select the desired file format.
Export Adobe InDesign text to Mail, Messages, AirDrop, Notes, Reminders, and
many other external destinations, by using IDMarkz from Markzware, for macOS.
How to Share an InDesign File to an External Destination:
• Click “File” and select “Share…” (or right-click on a thumbnail in the Thumbnail contextual menu and select “Share…”).
• Select an option, such as “Mail,” “Messages,” “AirDrop,” “Notes,” or select “More…” and choose another option. IDMarkz will display the bitmap preview, as well as the document title.
“I experimented for an hour with IDMarkz and was intrigued by how well it exports files to other formats. Sure, some things move around and fonts change if you don’t have the font installed on your system. Still, the results are quite remarkable.”
– Kevin Slimp, publisher at Market Square Books and CEO of newspaperacademy.com
Source: Affinity Publisher and IDMarkz One Thumbs Up One Thumb Sideways
IDMarkz Features include:
• Handy file info window shows you:
– Number of Stories in the file
– Number of pages or spreads
– Number of fonts used in the file
– Number of colors used in the file
– Number of images used in the file
– InDesign version in which your file was created
– File Creation and Modification dates
• Export InDesign story text as RTF, TXT, or HTML text
• Zoom in & out of previews
• Drag a thumbnail out of the preview or thumbnail areas and create an image of the page
• Automation features that work with InDesign, Acrobat plus other apps
• Export your file as an image in PNG, TIFF, JPEG and GIF formats
• Export a PDF with editable text
Video: InDesign Preview, Export and Conversion with IDMarkz – NEW
Markzware‘s IDMarkz app previews InDesign files and opens them in previous InDesign versions,
QuarkXPress, Publisher, Acrobat, and Illustrator. (The buttons on the File Preview page are pre-set
automated workflows.) IDMarkz also converts InDesign files to PNG, TIFF, EPS, GIF, PDF, IDML, and
JPEG, so you can get the content from an .indd file into the most suitable format for your needs.
• quickly processes InDesign files on a Mac
• offers ease-of-use in a versatile, multi-purpose app
• saves money on Creative Cloud subscriptions
With IDMarkz, you can open InDesign CC 2020 files in earlier InDesign versions, and also in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat, or Illustrator. Create PDFs with editable text, from older InDesign files; annotate in Acrobat DC, then open in InDesign CC 2020.
Take control of your creations, today, by using Markzware’s IDMarkz macOS, to move .indd documents to your preferred editing applications, within QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, older Adobe InDesign versions, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, and many other formats.
Buy Markzware’s low-cost IDMarkz Mac Subscription (including updates throughout your 12-month subscription term), available on the IDMarkz page.
Additional Markzware products are available via the Products page. Please feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, to get the latest Markzware product news, discounts, and more.
Have you exported an InDesign text story (or stories), using IDMarkz? Share your experience with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other websites.
Adobe InDesign Story Text to HTML, Email & Social Media: IDMarkz macOS