Markzware shows how to open InDesign files in Adobe Acrobat DC, allowing you to edit and Annotate the PDFs, via Markzware’s IDMarkz app for macOS. Check out the following article and video, to learn how:
Markzware develops preview, preflight, and file conversion solutions for graphic design, publishing and printing. Markzware’s IDMarkz stand-alone application to preview and convert InDesign files to Adobe Acrobat, older InDesign versions, IDML, Affinity Publisher, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, PDF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, and other file formats. It offers document version display, scrolling thumbnail views, QuickLook plug-in, and Drag & Drop Export, without InDesign loaded.
Video: How to Open InDesign Files in Acrobat & Annotate PDFs on macOS, via IDMarkz
Steps to Open InDesign Files in Acrobat DC & Annotate PDFs on macOS, via IDMarkz:
- To open InDesign files as Acrobat PDF, drag & drop your InDesign CC 2019 or higher files onto the “Drag and drop files here” section of the IDMarkz window.
- To open the PDF in Acrobat DC, click on the “Open in Acrobat” icon in the IDMarkz toolbar. Adobe Acrobat will launch and open the PDF in Acrobat. The InDesign file is now editable in Adobe Acrobat.
- To annotate the PDF in Acrobat:
• Drag the Annotate (speech bubble) icon onto the item on which you want to comment.
• Enter your comment and click the “Post” button, in the comment window opened by Acrobat.
• In the Acrobat “File” menu, click “Save”.
- To add PDF comments to an InDesign file:
Annotations made can be imported back into InDesign CC 2019 or newer.
• Open InDesign CC 2019 or higher files and, in InDesign’s “PDF Comments” panel, click the “Import PDF Comments” button.
• Select the saved PDF file containing comments. The editable comments will appear in InDesign. The InDesign file containing the comments can now be opened in InDesign CS6, via IDMarkz.
“… it seemed quite a more or less seamless integration, immediately when you export. …
you can check if it’s been converted in a way you’re happy with …
If you export a PDF, you get it immediately opened in Acrobat DC.
I see many, many types of users that would appreciate this kind of commercial software.”
– Paul Lindström, Technical Editor, Journalist & Consultant, Digital Dots Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jVR2u8e1h8
Benefits of Using IDMarkz
• allows you to process InDesign files on a Mac, in quick fashion
• is an easy-to-use, multi-functional InDesign file app
• saves money on expensive, inferior software touted as InDesign-compatible.
Features Included in IDMarkz
• Preview InDesign files & export .indd files as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF
• Convert InDesign files to earlier InDesign versions or in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat, Illustrator, …
• Open InDesign files in Acrobat and Annotate the PDF
IDMarkz can open InDesign files in:
• earlier InDesign versions
• Affinity Publisher
IDMarkz can export InDesign files as:
• PDF with editable text
With file conversion via IDMarkz, you can convert Adobe InDesign files to PDF files. Markzware‘s IDMarkz enables you to annotate PDFs that contain content that was originally in an Adobe InDesign document.
IDMarkz helps you to preview these InDesign versions:
• CC 2020
• CC 2019
• CC 2018
• CC 2017
• CC 2015
• CC 2014
You can open Adobe INDD files in Acrobat DC, with the Markzware IDMarkz app. Convert InDesign blends, colors, images, layers, linked text boxes, page positioning, runarounds, tables, text attributes, and more.
How to Buy IDMarkz
Open InDesign files in Acrobat, today! You can buy Markzware’s low-cost IDMarkz Mac Subscription, which includes IDMarkz updates throughout your 12-month subscription term. For more information, please visit the IDMarkz page. Additional Markzware products are available via the Products page.
How to Open InDesign Files in Acrobat, Annotate PDFs on macOS: IDMarkz