Do you have a multitude of Adobe InDesign files and want to simplify the management of those INDD documents? It is possible to see what the file looks like, before you save it as a higher version (such as InDesign 2020), without the need for the InDesign app, itself.
Just use the Preview feature in the IDMarkz Freebie of Markzware’s IDMarkz app! Learn more about this feature, by checking out the videos and more, in this article:
Markzware develops preview, preflight, and file conversion software for printing, publishing, and graphic design workflows. Markzware’s IDMarkz is a multi-featured application that processes Adobe InDesign files, for use in numerous file formats on the macOS platform.
InDesign by Adobe
An Adobe InDesign document might not have a thumbnail, let alone have thumbnails for every page in the document. However, you can use IDMarkz, to view previews of pages in an INDD document, so you can compare revisions or find the specific page or file you’re searching for.
Video: IDMarkz Preview Feature
Markzware‘s IDMarkz app previews InDesign files and opens them in previous InDesign versions, QuarkXPress, Publisher, Acrobat, Illustrator, and other apps. IDMarkz also converts InDesign files to PNG, TIFF, EPS, GIF, PDF, IDML, and JPEG. In addition, you can export InDesign Story text as RTF, TXT, or HTML. You can even automate some of these processes. This allows you to get the content from an .indd file into another format, to use toward workflow goals
How to Preview an InDesign File, via IDMarkz
To preview Adobe InDesign files on your Mac computer:
• Drag & drop your files onto the IDMarkz window, in the “Drag and drop files here” section.
• The inspector panel provides document details (document type, file size, date created, date modified, number of pages, number of spreads, page size, number of fonts and missing fonts, number of colors used, number of images embedded, number of stories, etc.).
• You can zoom in and out, and even see the document in spread view.
Video: InDesign Productivity Tools Preview Export and convert Creative Pro Presentation 2020
IDMarkz is a useful, central hub for previewing, opening, and exporting Adobe InDesign files. This video, presented at CreativePro Week 2020, provides more details on Markzware’s InDesign productivity software for printers, publishers, and creative professionals.
IDMarkz Benefits allow you to:
• quickly process InDesign files on macOS systems
• operate in an easy-to-use interface of a versatile, multi-purpose app
• save money on Creative Cloud subscriptions
“For previews, IDMarkz uses its own engine and technology, generating its own, high-resolution previews — early users have been giving rave reviews.”
– Paul R. White, Editor-in-Chief/CEO, PrintPlanet.com
Source: IDMarkz for InDesign—Previews, Exports and Converts InDesign Files
IDMarkz Features include:
• Preview and open InDesign files in earlier InDesign versions or in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat (even Annotate the PDF), Illustrator, and many more applications.
• Export InDesign story text as RTF, TXT, or HTML, via IDMarkz.
• Export .indd files as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF formats.
Video: Free Stand-Alone macOS viewer for InDesign files
Click on the image below, to see the video:
Download InDesign Previewer version of IDMarkz, for Free!
You can use preview features in IDMarkz, to view an InDesign file, today! Download the IDMarkz freebie version (for previewing only).
Buy IDMarkz to Preview, Open & Export InDesign
If you want to also be able to open InDesign files in your selection of numerous applications and file formats, you can buy Markzware’s low-cost IDMarkz Mac Subscription. The subscription term includes 12 months of updates and is available on the IDMarkz page.
Manage Adobe InDesign Documents? Preview InDesign Files Before Saving