MarkzTools for InDesign is conversion software from Markzware. It allows the InDesign CC version you’re running to open an InDesign CC 2014 file. Open later versions of InDesign files (e.g., InDesign CC 2014) within InDesign CS5-CC!
With MarkzTools for InDesign, you do not need an IDML to open a higher version InDesign file in a lower version. MarkzTools for InDesign can open InDesign CC 2014 files in a lower version, without IDML. Watch this video to see how to open newer INDD version documents within older versions:
How to Open InDesign CC 2014 Files in
Adobe InDesign CC
MarkzTools for InDesign is an InDesign plugin that can open InDesign CC 2014 in CC.
How to Use MarkzTools for InDesign
• Go to the MarkzTools menu.
• Select “Convert InDesign Document“.
• Select the InDesign document that you want to convert.
– or –
Use Command-O within Adobe InDesign, after loading MarkzTools:
• You will see an Adobe dialog stating you need a higher version of InDesign to open the file.
• Then, you will see a MarkzTools window asking if you want to convert the file.
• Click OK and MarkzTools will convert the InDesign file.
To buy Markzware‘s InDesign plugin to open InDesign CC in lower versions, please see the MarkzTools page. InDesign CC 2014 users can buy MarkzTools for customers who submit InDesign CC, CS6, CS5.5, or CS5 files. For more data conversion solutions and conversion tools, please see the Markzware Products page.
Has this InDesign plugin helped your desktop publishing (DTP) workflow to open Adobe InDesign files in lower versions? Please comment below. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and get social with Markzware on:
How to Open InDesign CC 2014 Files in Adobe InDesign CC