An Adobe Blogs post titled “InDesign Error Messages” prompted this video and subsequent post. There was one error I kept getting (The application InDesign has unexpectedly quit). It seemed to loop, for I could not get back into InDesign! Here is how we fixed that:
InDesign Defaults is the trouble-maker…
In a nutshell, the way to fix this is simple:
- Go into your home folder, which is the account you’re logged into (“User” on your Mac).
- Go into the “Library” folder.
- Go into the “Preferences” folder.
- Go into the “Adobe InDesign” folder. There you will see this pref file named, “InDesign Defaults“.
- Delete the “InDesign Defaults” preference file.
- Re-start InDesign and it should start up for you again!
Here is a screen grab of the error I was getting repeatedly:
Markzware can fix bad InDesign files with our no-cure-no-pay InDesign File Recovery Service. (Bad InDesign files are often the main factor in these errors and problems!) When you cannot open InDesign or the INDD file is so corrupt that you need help, try the Markzware File Recovery Service.
Open InDesign. Video on Getting Crashing Fixed.