InDesign CS6 users can send files to InDesign CS5 users. Typically, the CS6 file would be saved as an IDML file and the recipient would open that IDML file in InDesign CS5. Using MarkzTools, the recipient can open InDesign CS6 within CS5.
Markzware’s MarkzTools for InDesign allows you to open a higher version InDesign (CS6) document within the InDesign CS5 version. Open later versions of InDesign files (InDesign CC, InDesign CC 2014) within InDesign CS6, CS5.5. or CS5.
Open InDesign CS6 in Adobe InDesign CS5 with
MarkzTools for InDesign
How to Use MarkzTools for InDesign
• Go to the MarkzTools menu.
• Select “Convert InDesign Document“.
• Select the InDesign document that you want to convert.
– or –
Use Command-O within Adobe InDesign, after loading MarkzTools:
• You will see an Adobe dialog stating you need a higher version of InDesign to open the file.
• Then, you will see a MarkzTools window asking if you want to convert the file.
• Click OK and MarkzTools will convert the InDesign file.
The Annual Subscription
- gives the user 1 year usage of MarkzTools for CS6, CS5.5 and CS5 Mac on a single computer.
- includes all updates and upgrades during that year (starts on the date of purchase).
- can be renewed after the year is over, in order to continue using MarkzTools.
Open InDesign CS6 in Adobe InDesign CS5 with MarkzTools for InDesign