Markzware offers InDesign CS5 plugins to convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CS5. This article and video explain how to open QuarkXPress (QXP) files within Adobe InDesign CS5 (Creative Suite 5), using Q2ID.
Use the Q2ID InDesign plugin for desktop publishing to:
• Recover QuarkXPress Files: Recover a QXP file in InDesign, without the original design application. Q2ID saves time, money and effort, since the QuarkXPress document does not have to be re-created.
• Modify QXP Documents: Get fast access to a QXP document for tweaking within an INDD document. Q2ID opens the QuarkXPress file in InDesign, allowing you to edit the QXP file.
• Extract QXP Content: Get content (images, text, etc.) from a QXP document into an INDD document.
Example of File Conversion with Q2ID to
Open QuarkXPress in InDesign Creative Suite 5:
Do you work with a lot of QXP documents or have archives full of them? You’ll be able to convert QuarkXPress documents to the InDesign file format, by following the how-to steps below.
How to Open QuarkXPress in InDesign Creative Suite 5, with Q2ID:
- Click “Markzware” in the InDesign Menu Bar and select “Convert QuarkXPress® Document…” from the Q2ID fly-out menu.
- Select the QuarkXPress file to convert and click Open. (You will see a conversion progress bar. The QuarkXPress file will appear rebuilt in InDesign.)
- Save, close and reopen the new InDesign file.
- Remap any missing fonts or images via the InDesign dialog.
- Re-save the new InDesign document.
Inferior converters do not produce the quality results that Q2ID does. Q2ID supports file conversion of QXP files to INDD, with accuracy.
Batch conversion is easy with Q2ID. It preserves the original fonts, images, and formatting, as specified in the original QXP files, in InDesign.
Here are features in Markzware’s Q2ID:
1. Convert QuarkXPress® Document… – Clicking on this menu item will bring up an Open File window asking you to locate the QuarkXPress file you would like to convert.
2. Help… – Clicking this will bring up a small window with a few options.
When you select the Help… menu item, a small window appears with:
• the version number of Q2ID you are running.
• link to the Q2ID online manual, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the online Q2ID manual.
• link to the Markzware Tech Support Request Form, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the Markzware Online Technical Support Form.
3. Conversion progress bar – helps you to track the file conversion process.
You can learn to convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CS5, with Q2ID. Check out how, in this demonstration video:
How to Open QuarkXPress in InDesign Creative Suite 5:
Markzware’s Q2ID InDesign CS5 plugin converts QXP fonts, images, and more to INDD CS5.
Q2ID can convert QuarkXPress to InDesign, including such QXP file content as:
• text attributes
• page positioning
• linked text boxes
Do you receive QuarkXPress documents and need to send InDesign CS5 documents? Q2ID supports data conversion of QuarkXPress files into InDesign.
The Q2ID Bundle Subscription includes plugins for InDesign CC-CC 2015 (Creative Cloud), as well as for CS6, CS5.5, and CS5 (Adobe Creative Suite), for Macintosh and Windows platforms. The subscription allows access to all of these plugins, plus free updates throughout the subscription term.
Did this InDesign CS5 plugin help you to open QuarkXPress in InDesign Creative Suite 5? Please comment below. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List and post with Markzware on
How to Open QuarkXPress in InDesign Creative Suite 5: Q2ID