Markzware file conversion tools offer added value that helps print, publishing and graphic arts users to produce effective Adobe InDesign files. Markzware’s Q2ID bundle of file conversion software helps you to convert Quark to InDesign, including InDesign CS and InDesign CC version files.
Import QuarkXPress into InDesign, using InDesign plugins from Markzware’s Q2ID bundle for data conversion. See how, in this demonstration video:
How to Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign with Markzware Q2ID:
• Click “Markzware” in the InDesign Menu Bar and select “Convert QuarkXPress® Document…” from the Q2ID fly-out menu.
• Select the QuarkXPress file to convert and click Open. You will see a conversion progress bar. The QuarkXPress file will appear rebuilt in InDesign.
• Save, close and reopen the new InDesign file.
• Remap any missing fonts or images via the InDesign dialog.
• Re-save the new InDesign document.
I’m on my second year of using Q2ID, and it’s been a lifesaver. There’s usually a bit of fine-tuning to be done after converting a document, but it’s minimal and probably can be attributed to my non-use of style sheets. Anyhow, the first publication I converted more than paid for the year’s fee. Thank you for inventing something that actually works and is easy to use.
– Katherine, Q2ID reviewer
• provides dependable QuarkXPress to InDesign file conversion, extracting content (images, text, etc.) from your QXP document and putting it into a new INDD document.
• provides a quick method to access QuarkXPress content within InDesign document, via a simple selection.
• saves costs of recreating QXP files and saves time by converting via software, rather than doing a time-consuming, manual document conversion.
Q2ID Lets You Use QuarkXPress (QXP) Content to
Create Adobe InDesign (INDD) Files:
Some Features in Q2ID
1. Convert QuarkXPress® Document… – Clicking on this menu item will bring up an Open File window asking you to locate the QuarkXPress file you would like to convert. Note: Q2ID supports file conversion of QuarkXPress files (including many paragraph border and paragraph shading features found in QuarkXPress 2017) to InDesign CS5-CC 2018 Mac and Win.
2. Help… – Clicking this will bring up a small window with a few options.
When you select the Help… menu item, a small window appears with:
• the version number of Q2ID you are running.
• link to the Q2ID online manual, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the online Q2ID manual.
• link to the Markzware tech support request form, which opens your default web browser and takes you to Markzware’s online support form.
3. Conversion progress bar – helps you to track the file conversion process.
Software may be the key to making your organization more profitable. So, you will want to use a professional, high-value document conversion product that helps your organization to achieve positive results.
Q2ID supports file conversion:
• QuarkXPress 2017
• QuarkXPress 2016
• QuarkXPress 2015
• QuarkXPress 10
• QuarkXPress 9
• QuarkXPress 8
• QuarkXPress 7
• QuarkXPress 6
• QuarkXPress 5
• QuarkXPress 4
• and more
• InDesign CC 2018 Mac & Win
• InDesign CC 2017 Mac & Win
• InDesign CC 2015 Mac & Win
• InDesign CC 2014 Mac & Win
• InDesign CC Mac & Win
• InDesign CS6 Mac & Win
• InDesign CS5.5 Mac & Win
• InDesign CS5 Mac & Win
InDesign trainer, consultant, and author, Steve Werner, writes about InDesign CC 2018:
When the Font Similarity filter is turned on, InDesign will search for and display fonts that are visually similar to the currently displayed font. Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC have matching Similarity filters, and the results are usually very close to those you’ll see in InDesign.
Q2ID can convert QuarkXPress file items to InDesign, including:
• linked text boxes
• page positioning
• text attributes
Some DTP jobs require more finesse than the average. Q2ID offers a simplified user interface and features that enable you to save money and accelerate production, when you need to convert QuarkXPress files into InDesign.
The Markzware Q2ID Bundle Subscription includes plugins for InDesign CC-CC 2018 (Creative Cloud), as well as for CS5-CS6 (Adobe Creative Suite), for Macintosh and Windows platforms. The subscription allows access to all of these plugins, plus free updates throughout the subscription term. You can buy the Q2ID Bundle Subscription, via the Q2ID page.
Use QuarkXPress Content to Create Adobe InDesign (INDD) Files: Q2ID