Do you know any Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator graphic designers, production artists or publishers, or are you one? The CreativePro Week event has a conference that you all may enjoy and benefit from, by attending!
PS/AI: The Photoshop + Illustrator Conference, May 22-23, 2017, in Atlanta, Georgia, includes a conference and tutorials. The full-day conference, on May 22nd, offers multiple sessions. (See the Agenda section, below.) Then, on May 23rd, you have the option of attending two half-day tutorials that deeply explore the integration of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, and other tools. To download the conference brochure (in PDF format), click here.
Markzware has supported users of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop desktop production and publishing, for decades, and is helping to sponsor PS/AI. You can help support the DTP industry, by purchasing Markzware products, such as FlightCheck pre press software to preflight Illustrator and preflight Photoshop files, and by attending the event.
There are several of the world’s top Photoshop and Illustrator masters scheduled to speak at PS/AI. Since speakers and sessions can change, please check for updated information, by clicking here.
PS/AI Speakers include:
To see the full list of CreativePro Week speakers, click here.
To download a PDF of the PS/AI schedule, click here. The schedule spans several subjects regarding Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop:
Monday, May 22, 2017
9:15 am – 10:00 am
Power User Tools of the Photoshop + Illustrator Masters
Join Justin in this information-packed session, where he will share some of his coolest Photoshop + Illustrator tricks and power techniques for designers! You will learn time-saving keyboard shortcuts, better ways to work with filters and blending modes, and ways to improve your workflow. This session will leave you saying “I wish I knew that years ago!” Includes:
• Work faster with type
• Create awesome effects with patterns and paths
• Essential keyboard shortcuts you just have to know
• …and a whole lot more!
10:15 am – 10:45 am
Photoshop + Illustrator Synergy
Synergy is the interaction or cooperation of two or more agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their parts. Holmes and Watson, Bert & Ernie, Fred and Ginger… Photoshop + Illustrator! These two powerhouse applications are best used as a pair. Learn effective and simple techniques for using PS/AI in ways that play to their strengths and extend your creative palette.
Top Three Mobile/Desktop Workflows for Creatives
Humans weren’t meant to design and create with one hand on a mouse and the other clawing a keyboard. We were meant to move, to stand, to explore. So, come explore how new mobile and touch apps help expand your creative abilities and leave you feeling like a creative being, not just a creative doing.
• Capture the real world around you using your mobile device, then use it in your designs
• Ensuring you have all your assets wherever and whenever you need them
• Creating on the fly, finishing at your desk
11:00 am – 11:45 am
Spectacular and Easy Type Effects
Incorporating text and typography into your Illustrator and Photoshop images is such an important part of your design process. Explore some fun tips and tricks for making your text pop, stretch, and engage your audience.
How to Work More Efficiently in Illustrator
Learn how to work more efficiently in Adobe Illustrator, using the way we do it in the fashion industry, where time is short, pressure is high, and deadlines are looming (no pun intended).
• Setting up custom start files
• Using symbols
• Graphics style and actions for speed and efficiency
• Tips for using the pen tool more efficiently
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
A Designers Guide to Including 3D
We live in a 3D world, but most of the work we produce is 2D — flat images or pages that need to represent the richness of our real lives. This session is for you if you want to:
• Build composite images that look realistic
• Incorporate 3D artwork into your designs
• Explore how to take your designs and turn them into real 3D objects
Top Ten Photoshop Selection and Mask Tricks
If you had to pick a “most valuable player” in Photoshop, it would have to be the tools used for making selections. Selections, masks, channels, alphas… these are all basically the same thing, and if you’re going to do high-quality work quickly, it’s essential that you understand how to use them efficiently. In this focused and fast-paced session, world-renowned Photoshop expert, Dave Cross, dives into:
• the power of layer masks
• when the automated selection tools make sense
• how to refine your edges
• making channels do the work for you
Web and Interactive Design
Jesús Ramirez and Chris Converse
Working through an interactive project means lots of collaboration between designers and developers. Watch a real-time collaboration between Jesús and Chris as they share assets between Photoshop and Illustrator. And once they complete their layout, they’ll use these same tools to generate a range of ready-to-use assets, including bitmap files, SVG, and even some CSS code.
• sharing colors and artwork
• using artboards in Photoshop and Illustrator
• using SmartObjects (linked to CC Library)
• using layer comps to show interactivity
• generating SVG from Illustrator
• using adobe Generator and CC Extract for Photoshop
• Copy CSS from Photoshop layer
2:15 pm – 3:00 pm
Photoshop for Designers
Designers use Photoshop differently than photographers, retouchers, or UI/UX folks. And designers often have a love/hate relationship with this program… on the one hand, it’s an incredible and powerful app; but on the other hand, it’s overwhelming and unclear how to make the most of it. This session will help!
• Secrets of guides and grids in Photoshop
• When to use Photoshop vs. Illustrator vs. InDesign
• Setting up your document for maximum output success
Turbo Charge Your Workflow in Photoshop
Everyone knows Photoshop is full of amazing features — but where the heck are they hidden?! And which ones are worth using when you really need to be efficient and productive. This session concentrates on using automated features and techniques that most people never think to use.
• Shared Libraries
• Image stacks
• Which “auto” functions you should (or shouldn’t) use
No-Draw Art Building in Illustrator
Have you barely mastered drawing stick figures? Does the Pen Tool make you want to run? Never fear! Adobe Illustrator is a graphic powerhouse, loaded with easy to use and powerful art-building tools, enabling you to create amazing art with no drawing skills required. Learn from Laura the tools and techniques you need to create useful artwork for your real-world projects.
3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Just Make It Look Better: Color, Tone, and Sharpness Correction Fundamentals
Your boss just sent you an image for the company brochure… and it looks dreadful! Learn some quick and easy tips for making mediocre images great (or at least useable!)
• The magic of Camera Raw: it’s not just for RAW anymore!
• Bringing back sharpness
• When Brightness and Contrast can and can’t be used
It’s Not Just for Video — After Effects for Print and Web
You know Adobe AfterEffects is “like, the coolest animation program,” but did you know if can be used for print design, web graphics, and even HTML5 animations? If you know Photoshop, you already know the basics! And remember, if you have Creative Cloud, you already have access to this amazing design app. We’ll explore linking files to an After Effects design, then use the effects panel to enhance, mask, stylize, and transform our images into amazing works or art… in seconds! And once you’ve created some amazing effects, we’ll move the artwork back into a native, fully transparent, layered Photoshop document.
• How Photoshop and After Effects are similar
• Learn to import, style, and export artwork in After Effects
• Create special effects in a fraction of the time
• Generate textures and natural phenomenon
• Create illustration elements for your photo composites
• Tell more compelling stories with your visuals
• Export your artwork to native Photoshop documents
Making Iconic Logos: Creativity is a Process
In this focused and inspirational talk, designer and Illustrator rockstar, Von Glitschka, will walk you through his creative process — from ideation, vector building, color exploration, art direction, rejection and ultimate usage of iconic brand design. Along the way, he’ll share creative insights and methodology he uses daily to craft visual identities for companies large and small.
4:45 pm – 5:30 pm
Three Minutes Max
Mark Heaps, et al
Still hungry for more?! Watch our presenters each take three minutes max, to show off their best tip, trick, or technique! Which one will blow your mind? You get to vote and shower one lucky attendee in the room with prizes… it might be you!
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
The Triumvirate: Photoshop + Illustrator + InDesign (plus Bridge!)
Join internationally known designer, Russell Viers, for a special half-day session that covers InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator… and most importantly: How they work together to form a one-two-three knockout punch. If you use Creative Cloud (CC) or the Creative Suite, it’s a day you won’t want to miss!
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Master Class in Real World Design Techniques
Join international superstar Bert Monroy as he takes you on a journey through Photoshop and Illustrator you won’t forget. Bert will share some of the most useful and creative techniques he’s developed in over thirty years of commercial design projects:
• Striking and memorable type effects
• Special effects for poster design
• Using 3D effects in product illustrations and other projects
• Compositing real and painted images
When: May 22-23, 2017
For a PDF download of the schedule, click here.
Where: Westin Buckhead hotel, 3391 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA, 30326
Hotel Reservations: 866-716-8108 / 404-365-0065 (Tell them you are attending CreativePro Week.)
Why: For more information to read and share about the PS/AI conference, you can download the brochure, by clicking here.
Your registration includes:
• 15 awesome “how-to” sessions about Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and more!
• Video access for the conference sessions on the days that you attend the event. (Video access does not include half- or full-day tutorials.)
• Full breakfast, networking lunches, and evening reception
• Over 100 pages of helpful session material and resources
• Access to the online community forums for conference attendees
• Get $100 off by using the following discount code, during the registration process:
• Click here, to register today, as space is limited!
• Attend the PS/AI conference and use Markzware’s DTP products and printing solutions for Photoshop and Illustrator files!
Adobe Photoshop + Illustrator Conference for Graphic Designers: PS/AI