How to preflight with pre press software for print quality control, using Markzware’s FlightCheck:
Prepress professionals see a lot of file problems in the variety of file types that enter the print workflow. Preflight software can help to ensure printing quality. Thanks to Markzware‘s preflight technology, printers can detect file problems early and take action.
Markzware’s printing solutions can benefit printers, publishers and other prepress professionals. Markzware‘s FlightCheck is a stand-alone preflight solution to check desktop publishing (DTP) files for print quality. This valuable print application can locate printing problems in your desktop publishing (DTP) files and warn you of errors.
You can check files for print quality, during prepress, using FlightCheck. Learn how, as this video demonstrates:
How to Preflight with
Pre Press Software for Print Quality Control
Markzware’s FlightCheck provides thorough preflighting for common print file types.
How to Preflight with Pre Press Software for Print Quality Control (basic steps):
- Install and activate FlightCheck preflight software.
- Click on your preferred checkboxes in FlightCheck’s Preferences and Ground Controls.
- Set Ground Control items to Off, Warning, or Error, depending on the needs of your print workflow.
- Drag and drop your file onto the FlightCheck icon to begin the preflighting process.
- FlightCheck will alert you to the potential printing problems that you specified.
Preflighting is an important part of the printing process. Effective preflight software can guard against printing problems and improve efficiency, which can make a difference in revenue. Just think of the time and trouble that preflighting could save you, just for one print job!
Features and Benefits
• checks both PDF and non-PDF documents, to reduce the risk of poor print results.
• inspects essential document checkpoints, to help you through the preflight process.
• has time-saving Ground Controls to help print businesses to customize preflighting for the specific workflow.
• finds file problems before they cause bigger issues, allowing the print workflow to increase productivity.
• provides a preflight report of file problems (color, image, font issues, etc.), so you can make corrections before printing.
• assures your associates and customers that a complete preflight check for print quality control has been performed.
• allows a high-quality print result on the first press run, helping you to save time, effort, and printing materials.
Ground Controls in FlightCheck Pre Press Software to
Preflight for Print Quality Control:
Quality Control for the Print Workflow
Preflighting catches errors before they turn into high costs. So, a reliable preflight solution becomes a necessity in today’s high-volume prepress operations. Without preflight software, printing errors could affect customer loyalty, your brand, and your organization’s income, in a negative way.
It is also helpful to be able to share the print job folder with team members, vendors and customers. FlightCheck can collect files to package fonts, images, and other files into one folder for sharing.
FlightCheck is the patented preflight solution. (Markzware holds U.S. Patent # 5,963,641 for the “Device and method for examining, verifying, correcting and approving electronic documents prior to printing, transmission or recording”.) This software is helpful in the production of documents that would require much time and effort to check by sight.
You can buy this preflight solution, via the FlightCheck page. See more desktop publishing software and printing solutions for DTP, on the Markzware Products page.
Did this pre press software help your print workflow to preflight for print quality control? Please give comments or ask questions in the section below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on
How to Preflight with Pre Press Software for Print Quality Control