If you’re an Adobe InDesign user, you might create several graphic design variants, based on your primary layout idea. To distinguish between revisions in an instant, you can get Quick Look previews with ID Util for macOS, developed by software company, Markzware.
Markzware offers solutions for achieving regular, efficient graphic arts file production. Markzware’s ID Util gives users a fast way to check InDesign artwork and to open the previewed file in the InDesign version in which the file was last saved.
With Markzware’s free ID Util for macOS download, you can easily preview InDesign documents. No need to go through an Adobe InDesign installation process, to view previews of InDesign CS6, InDesign CC 2018, and other .INDD documents!
How to Quickly Preview Adobe InDesign Files via ID Util:
• Install Markzware’s ID Util for macOS.
• Select the InDesign, IDML, or InCopy file in Finder.
• To preview the selected file, click the spacebar.
• For thumbnail-sized previews, view your files in thumbnail view.
• To see more detail, zoom in.
• To see multiple pages at once, zoom out.
Helpful Keyboard Shortcuts with ID Util for macOS
• Open a file for viewing: Command + O
• Print Previews: Command + P
• Resave HD is Shift + Command + S
• Zoom to 25% size is Command + 1
• Zoom to 50% size is Command + 2
• Zoom to 100% is Command + 3
• Zoom to 200% is Command + 4
ID Util for macOS can benefit your InDesign, IDML or InCopy workflow:
• allows simple operation.
• supports previewing for a range of Adobe InDesign, IDML and InCopy file types (CS6 through CC 2018).
• does not require a Creative Cloud subscription to preview INDD, IDML and INCL file on your system.
• is a free download on the Mac App Store, so it does not cost anything to preview these files.
• gives you the ability to export the previews as PNG, JPG or PDF.
• provides fast version number access.
Desktop publishing is extremely commonplace in the print, publishing and graphic arts industries. Publishers often go through a bit of trial-and-error, when deciding what design ideas and tools to use. If you use ID Util, you can see how useful its features are.
Features in Markzware‘s ID Util for macOS Application
• “Previews” button: Preview Adobe InDesign, IDML and InCopy files.
• “Export” at the top far left of the ID Util window: Export previews as PNG, JPG or PDF.
• “Stories” button: View styled stories from InDesign files.
• “Images” button: View previews of linked images.
• “Fonts” button: View a list of used fonts.
• File version after the file name at the top of the ID Util window: View the InDesign version that was used to create the document.
• “Print” at the top left of the ID Util window: Print the document previews.
• “Open in ID” at top right of the window: Open the file within the last InDesign version in which the file was saved.
• Resave HD at the top far right of the window: With InDesign installed, resave the document, for High Resolution previews of all pages.
Preview Window in Free macOS App, ID Util, to
Quickly Preview Adobe InDesign Files:
Quickly preview InDesign files, with ID Util. Just click your spacebar, to get an immediate view of your InDesign file preview.
Software can help professional computer-based publishing experts to shorten the time used for file previewing and distribution. The latest Markzware solutions for processing Adobe InDesign files take ease and efficiency to new levels.
Jay J. Nelson @jaynelson (graphic arts prepress expert + Publisher at The Skinny Books + reviewer and columnist for publications such as Macworld, CreativePro, Photoshop User, etc.) reviews InDesign CC:
Previewing how text will appear in various fonts is easier too, as you can now click on a font name to see selected text in that font, or use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to navigate from one font to the other.
Quick Look Previews for InDesign, IDML, and InCopy Files
View document previews from any Finder window with the push of the spacebar. If you prefer, you can turn on thumbnail previews from the ID Util preferences and view thumbnail previews in any Finder window. This is a quick and easy method to find the specific file you are looking for, if you do not remember exactly what you named it.
Download ID Util for macOS
You can download ID Util on the Mac App Store for free. See more solutions for Adobe, macOS, and more, on the Markzware Products page. Get the latest Markzware news, by subscribing to Markzware Mailing List. Also feel free to share your thoughts with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
How to Quickly Preview Adobe InDesign Files: Free macOS App, ID Util