Markzware explains how to open InDesign in QuarkXPress 2019 macOS, via the “Open in Quark” feature of IDMarkz. This InDesign-QuarkXPress file conversion supports the QuarkXPress 2019’s IDML import extension.
Markzware develops preflight, preview, and file conversion software for printing, publishing, and graphic arts workflows. Markzware’s IDMarkz macOS application lets you preview InDesign files (including CC 2020) and open InDesign files in earlier Adobe InDesign versions, as well as in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat PDF, Illustrator, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and GIF. See how to open InDesign files as editable QuarkXPress files, in this IDMarkz demonstration video about file conversion from InDesign to QuarkXPress:
How to Open InDesign in QuarkXPress 2019, via IDMarkz:
- Drag & Drop an InDesign file onto the “Drag & Drop…” section of the main window in IDMarkz.
- Click on the “Open in Quark” toolbar icon in the main IDMarkz window. Clicking this will launch your system’s QuarkXPress, which should present an “IDML Import” dialog.
- Open Quark’s “IDML Import” dialog, then, click the ”OK” button, so Quark can convert the IDML file.
- Click “Open” in the dialog, to convert the InDesign file and open it as an editable document in QuarkXPress.
With the converted InDesign file now in QuarkXPress, you can make changes to the document. You can swap out images, add or edit text, edit colors, etc. Save in QuarkXPress and you will have a new QuarkXPress file (based on the converted InDesign file)!
Benefits of IDMarkz
• quickly review, access, and conversion of Adobe InDesign documents
• save money, by using an affordable InDesign-supporting software, without Creative Cloud costs
• get multi-function benefits in a single, very flexible macOS app
“That overly anxious that are minor conversion issues, because, let’s face it. If you do a conversion from one application to another, the reason why you do it is probably because you want to update the document. So, you have a legacy document and you need to do some corrections and I would accept minor tweaks and touch-up because, in the end, I need to do some other edits to the document, probably in the new software, be it [QuarkXPress] or Affinity Publisher. There are probably other things you want to do with the document. Then, you’re just grateful you can bring most of it over to this new platform. Then, continue from there.”
– Paul Lindström, Technical Editor, Journalist & Consultant, Digital Dots
Features of IDMarkz
• Open in QuarkXPress
• Open in Affinity Publisher
• Open in Illustrator
• Open in earlier InDesign versions
• Open in Acrobat and Annotate (Using Acrobat DC and
InDesign CC 2019 with older InDesign files)
IDMarkz can export InDesign files as the following file types:
• PDF with editable text
With IDMarkz, you can preview your InDesign files or open them in several applications, even older versions of InDesign. You can also export your InDesign content as popular common file formats. This versatile InDesign file hub helps you to maximize the use of your .indd document content!
To Buy IDMarkz:
You can buy Markzware’s low-cost IDMarkz Mac Subscription, which includes IDMarkz updates throughout your 12-month subscription term. For more information, please visit the IDMarkz page. Additional Markzware products are available via the Products page.
How to Open InDesign in QuarkXPress macOS: IDMarkz InDesign File App