For InDesign to PDF file conversion, you can open Adobe InDesign files in the Adobe Acrobat .pdf file format, using helpful features in Markzware’s IDMarkz app. You will be able to add annotations and see the PDF comments in InDesign! Read more about it and see the video, below:
InDesign to PDF
Markzware’s IDMarkz app can open your InDesign file in Acrobat. You can, then, annotate in Acrobat and save the PDF. This will allow you to see those comments in InDesign’s PDF Comments Panel. This is useful, because it frees you from being restricted to using InDesign files created in only CC 2019 or later.
Markzware develops preview, preflight, and file conversion software for printers, publishers, graphic designers, creative professionals, and the like. Markzware’s IDMarkz is a standalone, multi-featured application that previews and converts Adobe InDesign files, for use in several file formats on the macOS platform.
IDMarkz can help you to convert InDesign to PDF. This video demonstration walks you through the steps:
Convert InDesign to PDF (click the video below)
You can create a PDF from an Adobe InDesign file, using IDMarkz. You will be able to mark up the PDF, by adding comments, notes and annotations.
You can, then, send the PDF to the client for review. The client need not run nor “rent” the Adobe InDesign program, nor pay for a Creative Cloud subscription, to be able to inspect the document, suggest changes, and express level of approval.
How to Open an InDesign File in Acrobat
• Drag & drop your file onto the IDMarkz window, in the “Drag and drop files here” section.
• Click on the icon for the desired file format, in the top of the IDMarkz window.
How to See PDF Comments for an InDesign CS6 File, in InDesign 2020
Do you have an Adobe InDesign CS6 file, with PDF comments that you want to see in InDesign 2020 for Creative Cloud? No problem, just:
• Open your InDesign CS6 file in IDMarkz.
• Click on the “Open in” Acrobat button.
• Add your annotations in Acrobat.
• Save the PDF.
• Open your InDesign CS6 file in InDesign CC2020.
• Import the comments in the PDF that you just saved out of Acrobat.
Now, you have PDF comments for your CS6 file.
• Make a backup of the original CS6 file, just in case.
• quickly processes InDesign files on a Mac
• offers ease-of-use in a versatile, multi-purpose app
• saves money on Creative Cloud subscriptions
“it seemed quite a more or less seamless integration, immediately when you export. If you have the Adobe Creative Cloud software on your computer, it opens up, immediately. So, you can check if it’s been converted in a way you’re happy with, so… And the same, like about… You immediately get it opened. If you export a PDF, you get it immediately opened in Acrobat DC. I see many, many types of users that would appreciate this kind of commercial software.”
– Paul Lindström, Technical Editor, Journalist & Consultant, Digital Dots
IDMarkz Features include:
• Open InDesign files in earlier InDesign versions or in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat, Illustrator, …
• Open InDesign files in Acrobat and Annotate the PDF (The “Export as PDF…” option in IDMarkz brings up a window asking you where to Save the PDF file. Once you select a location, clicking the Save button will export a PDF of the active document to that location. )
• Preview InDesign files & export .indd files as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF
Open InDesign in Acrobat, today! Buy Markzware’s low-cost IDMarkz Mac Subscription (including IDMarkz updates throughout your 12-month subscription term), via the IDMarkz page.
Do you handle InDesign documents and would like to create PDFs from those layouts? Have you tried to open InDesign in another page layout application? Please let us know on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
InDesign to PDF: Open Adobe InDesign Files in Adobe Acrobat pdf Format