Adobe InDesign users can open InDesign 2020 content in InDesign CS6, without Creative Cloud subscription costs and requirements! See how to use Markzware’s IDMarkz macOS app to convert an InDesign 2020 document, for use in CS6, as shown in the video below:
Are you happy with using InDesign CS6 and refraining from using Adobe’s Creative Cloud? Just drop your CC2020 InDesign file on Markzware’s IDMarkz, and you can export InDesign as IDML, which you can open in InDesign CS6. You can even set up IDMarkz to always create an IDML of any InDesign file you drop on it and automatically open that IDML in InDesign CS6!
Markzware is a software development company that creates technology that helps printers, publishers, graphic designers, creatives, and other professionals with their workflow processes. Markzware’s IDMarkz is a stand-alone application that enables Adobe InDesign file handlers to get INDD document content into several file formats on macOS desktops.
IDMarkz can help InDesign CS6 users to access InDesign 2020 content, for editing, printing, and publishing. This video demonstration walks you through the steps:
Video: What Is An IDML File?
Markzware‘s IDMarkz app previews InDesign files and opens them in previous InDesign versions,
QuarkXPress, Publisher, Acrobat, and Illustrator. (The buttons on the File Preview page are pre-set
automated workflows.) IDMarkz also converts InDesign files to PNG, TIFF, EPS, GIF, PDF, IDML, and
JPEG, so you can get the content from an .indd file into the most suitable format for your needs.
Do you collaborate with workflow team members who use Creative Cloud and who may forget to create an IDML that you can use? Well, IDMarkz solves that issue, by allowing you to export an IDML and open it up in CS6.
IDMarkz Interface to Export IDML and Open in System Default Application
How to Export InDesign 2020 as IDML and
Open in InDesign CS6
1. Drag & drop your InDesign 2020 files onto the IDMarkz window, in the “Drag and drop files here” section.
2. Click on the “Export” icon in the top of the IDMarkz window.
3. Click the “IDML” icon.
4. Select the “Open in” checkbox, which allows you to select your InDesign CS6 application to handle the exported IDML file.
• “System Default Application” is the default app that your macOS system uses to handle IDML files.
• “Specific Application Path” enables the selection area field, when selected.
• Clicking in the selection area field will bring up a standard macOS Finder window, which allows you to navigate to the desired InDesign app.
5. Clicking the “Export” button will export an IDML of the currently active file, using settings you selected in this Export IDML panel. When you click on “Export” a standard macOS Finder window will appear, allowing you to select where you would like to Save your IDML file.
• quickly processes InDesign files on a Mac
• offers ease-of-use in a versatile, multi-purpose app
• saves money on Creative Cloud subscriptions
If you only have CS5.5, that’s no problem, because you can automate the process to export CS5.5 as IDML, via IDMarkz, as well. Just select the appropriate host app in IDMarkz, to use the “Automate” feature for handling quick creation of your IDML files, without CC.
“Convert multiple Adobe InDesign files to InDesign Markup Language (IDML), without a Creative Cloud subscription.”
– Paul R. White, Editor-in-Chief/CEO, PrintPlanet.com
IDMarkz Features include:
• Open InDesign files in earlier InDesign versions or in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat, Illustrator, …
• Open InDesign files in Acrobat and Annotate the PDF
• Preview InDesign files & export .indd files as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF
How to Get IDMarkz
You can use automation features to export an IDML and open it in a selected application, today! Buy Markzware’s low-cost IDMarkz Mac Subscription (including IDMarkz updates throughout your 12-month subscription term), available on the IDMarkz page.
Which version(s) of Adobe InDesign do you use? Have you opened InDesign 2020 content in InDesign CS6? Come share your desktop publishing (DTP) app experiences with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and other websites.
Open InDesign 2020 in InDesign CS6 without Creative Cloud: IDMarkz Mac