Perhaps you’ve received or produced an InDesign file, but now you need that content in the IDML file format. Markzware offers a file conversion solution that converts a newer Adobe InDesign (INDD) file to IDML. The new IDML file can be read by any CS4 or higher version of InDesign, such as CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015.
Markzware’s engineered file conversion tools help printers, publishers, creatives and other InDesign users to improve their workflows. MarkzTools2 is a full-version application that converts newer InDesign version documents into an IDML file readable by InDesign CS4 and newer InDesign versions.
How to Convert InDesign Files to IDML via Drag & Drop: MarkzTools2 (video)
How to Convert InDesign Files to IDML via Drag & Drop, using MarkzTools2 (steps):
1. In the MarkzTools2 Preferences, specify the location where you want MarkzTools2 to create your converted IDML files.
2. Select the InDesign file or files (INDD documents) you wish to convert to IDML.
3. Drag the selected InDesign files onto the MarkzTools2 window. (The converted IDML files will be created at the location specified in your Preferences.)
• is a single solution for data conversion, eliminating the need for additional InDesign to IDML conversion software.
• can create an IDML from any version InDesign file, even a CS5 or earlier version.
• enables users to collaborate, using paper-saving digital files.
• helps you to safeguard your InDesign files, by creating a backup file.
• is very fast (takes less time than it takes for InDesign to send your document to a server and return an IDML).
Markzware‘s MarkzTools2 allows you to keep the original IDML generated by InDesign, as well as the new IDML generated by MarkzTools2, to replace it, or rename it. You can also open the new IDML in InDesign.
Using MarkzTools2 Drag & Drop Method to
Convert InDesign Files to IDML Files:
Amazing Features in MarkzTools2 give it the ability to:
• batch convert InDesign files into IDML files, operate standalone, without requiring InDesign to be present on the user’s computer.
• create low resolution image previews. (Users do not have to look at gray-tinted, place-holder boxes.)
• display the version of a selected InDesign file.
MarkzTools2 allows you to choose the destination in which to create the IDML. You can navigate to the IDML destination folder or create a new destination folder. You can also create a new filename.
MarkzTools2 enables missing-image preview creation. You can create low-resolution previews for images that cannot be located.
Markzware‘s MarkzTools2 can convert InDesign file items, including:
• linked text boxes
• page positioning
• text attributes
You can track the conversion’s progress and also move the progress window around on your Desktop. After creating the IDML, you can go to the IDML location, using the “Reveal in Finder” option.
How to Buy MarkzTools2:
Markzware‘s low-cost MarkzTools 12 Month Bundle Subscription provides:
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS6 Mac
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS5.5 Mac
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS5 Mac
• MarkzTools and MarkzTools2 updates
For more information, please visit the MarkzTools2 page.
How to Convert InDesign Files to IDML via Drag & Drop: MarkzTools2