Once you install MarkzTools2, you’ll want to know how to start it up and use it for your first InDesign file to IDML file conversion. Markzware offers several Adobe InDesign-compatible products and this application can help you to convert InDesign files (INDD documents) to InDesign Markup Language files (IDML documents).
MarkzTools2 Start Up
To convert your first Adobe InDesign file (INDD document) to an earlier version or to InDesign Markup Language (IDML), launch MarkzTools2. You can do this, by double-clicking on the MarkzTools2 Application icon. Your computer screen will display the main MarkzTools2 window.
Drag & Drop INDD to IDML File Conversion
Drag the InDesign files that you want to convert to IDML and drop them onto the MarkzTools2 window. The IDML files will be created, by default, in the same folder as that of the original INDD document. The stand-alone MarkzTools2 application does not require users to install the Adobe InDesign program, to be able to convert InDesign files to IDML.
MarkzTools2 Converts Your File
You Now Have an IDML File
MarkzTools2 will create a folder with a name to match the filename of the original InDesign document. MarkzTools2 will create the resulting IDML file inside the newly-created folder and name it the same as the original InDesign document.
You can open this new IDML file in other InDesign versions, use it as a backup, or use it as you would any IDML file. If you want to change where MarkzTools2 creates the IDML file, just change the MarkzTools2 Preferences in the main MarkzTools2 window.
Video: MarkzTools2 Start Up:
Begin Using Markzware’s INDD to IDML Application
You can get your Adobe InDesign Creative Suite and Creative Cloud content into an
InDesign Markup Language document, with the MarkzTools2 application.
MarkzTools2 benefits offer:
• affordable file conversion from INDD to IDML.
• file security, through creation of a backup file.
• quick InDesign data conversion that enables faster production.
• versatile conversion that includes conversion of newer InDesign files to older InDesign versions.
Markzware’s conversion software makes it simple for InDesign users to get accurate document conversion. You can convert INDD files, in a simple and quick manner.
To begin the file conversion from InDesign to IDML, using MarkzTools2, you can either:
• drag the file icon to the main window in MarkzTools2, or
• find and select an INDD file, via the File -> Convert menu. When the document conversion is complete, you will be able to see the IDML file in the File -> Recent menu.
MarkzTools2’s features enable it to:
• operate standalone
• batch convert InDesign files
• display the InDesign file version
MarkzTools 12 Month Bundle Subscription
There is no need to do a manual reconstruction of the original document, when you use Markzware‘s low-cost subscription, which provides:
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS6 Mac
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS5.5 Mac
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS5 Mac
• MarkzTools and MarkzTools2 updates
For more information, please visit the MarkzTools2 page.
Did you complete the MarkzTools2 start up and begin using Markzware’s INDD to IDML application? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on
MarkzTools2 Start Up: Begin Using Markzware’s INDD to IDML Application