Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
PageZephyr Search Mac is a stand-alone application from Markzware that allows users to search InDesign text in INDD documents. This content search is in conjunction with Apple Spotlight, and users can view the text in PageZephyr Search. Search the content of InDesign files (with or without the InDesign program present), and then display that text. Users can open documents in InDesign (with an appropriate InDesign version loaded). Copy and paste text into your favorite text editor or program!
Markzware‘s content search application, PageZephyr Search, can search Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud INDD files. This stand-alone program can search InDesign file text for viewing or copying to text editors, word processors or layout apps.
PageZephyr Search can:
- can read InDesign CS through InDesign CC files (InDesign v3-v9), whether created on a Mac or Windows computer.
- archive old and new InDesign files.
- search text content of archived InDesign files for specific words (customer name, product name, keyword, etc.
- copy text content out of an InDesign file, without InDesign installed on your Mac.
- search an InDesign file archive for a specific word. (With InDesign installed on your Mac, you can open the InDesign file and be taken to the found word.)
Search InDesign files for Adobe CS and CC workflows with this user-friendly, content search application. Watch this video to learn how:
Adobe InDesign Search:
InDesign CS-CC Search via PageZephyr Search Mac
Markzware PageZephyr Search can find relevant text with an InDesign CS through InDesign CC search
How to Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re seeking.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy this content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
Did this search solution help your DTP workflow to search InDesign files? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Adobe InDesign Search: InDesign CS-CC Search via PageZephyr Search Mac