Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
It can be difficult to constantly produce interesting content. Content applications can help meet today’s demands for content creation and distribution.
PageZephyr Search is a content search application by Markzware. It can find specific text in InDesign files (INDD documents). You can use this found text to inspire your creations. You could have a slew of content-inspiring gems hidden among your Adobe InDesign files! Markzware’s search app can help you find them.
You can locate relevant content in your InDesign files, by doing a keyword search. This video shows you how to use PageZephyr Search to find InDesign content:
Content Search InDesign Files for
Inspiration via PageZephyr Search
PageZephyr Search finds InDesign text that could inspire your content creation.
PageZephyr Search Mac:
- indexes content in Apple Macintosh storage volumes with Spotlight enabled.
- supports InDesign CS (Creative Suite) through InDesign CC (Creative Cloud) files.
- goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign and displays it in context.
- can search InDesign without the Adobe InDesign program installed.
How to Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re seeking.
- Hit Enter. (Files list is on the left; highlighted text is in the file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If an appropriate version of InDesign is loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy Markzware’s content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
How has this search solution helped you to search InDesign files? Please comment below to let us know. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on
Content Search InDesign Files for Inspiration via PageZephyr Search