Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Search InDesign with a content search using PageZephyr Search, a content search application to search InDesign (INDD) file formats for workflows that use Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud graphic software:
PageZephyr Search is a simple content search application from Markzware that allows people to find keywords and to either open the doc in InDesign CC (or InDesign CS) or copy the text out. This search application enables users to search through InDesign files on spotlight-indexed volumes to find keywords, which are highlighted in the search results. PageZephyr Search allows you to click on the highlighted word and, if you have a version of InDesign that can open that file, the file will be opened in InDesign and you will be taken to that word in the InDesign document. You can also copy and paste text out of PageZephyr Search in plain text format (TXT).
Search InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud workflows with this user-friendly, content search application. This video shows how to locate important information in INDD documents, by using Markzware’s simple-to-use software:
How to Search InDesign with a Content Search, using PageZephyr Search
Search InDesign CC, InDesign CS, and more to find and use relevant INDD text
How to do a content search with PageZephyr Search:
- To launch PageZephyr Search, click on the PageZephyr Search zip file, then double-click on the PageZephyr Search icon that appears.
Note: On the first run, it does not pick up native files that Spotlight already indexed, so you must click PageZephyr Search (in the top left drop down menu) > Launch Manual Importer (which puts PZ icon in top right menu bar that lets you select whether to Start Indexing or Stop Indexing).
- Choose search type (such as “search filename” or “search text content”), and choose keyword customization (such as “ends with”, “begins with”, or “contains”), then enter your keyword into the search field.
- Choose “Any” (meaning “or”, which typically provides more results that “All), or choose “All” (meaning “and”) to narrow your search results.
- Allow PageZephyr Search time to process search results. If no results are found, click “PageZephyr Search” (in the top left drop down menu) and then click “Launch Manual Importer”.
- You can click on the document to see its path at the bottom of the window.
- Click Command-G to cycle through document from top to bottom. (The next found keyword will be highlighted.)
- Click Shift-Command-G to cycle backwards through document from bottom to top. (The prior found keyword will be highlighted.)
- You can also highlight a keyword, right click on that keyword, and then click “Show in Document”, PageZephyr Search will open the relevant InDesign document (if the InDesign version of that document is available), and will highlight the chosen keyword.
Note: Simply right clicking on the keyword should open the document, without highlighting the keyword.
- If a list of documents shows on the left, you can click on a chosen document, highlight text, and then click and drag into the editing window,
-or- copy and paste text from document,
-or- create a new text box in the editing window, and then copy & paste text into that new text box.
Quickly find valuable content through a content search, using Markzware’s digital content search application, PageZephyr Search:
- Find keywords and either open the document in InDesign or copy the text.
- Search through InDesign files on spotlight-indexed volumes to find keywords (highlighted in search results).
- Click on the highlighted word to open the file in InDesign (if you have a version of InDesign that can open that file) and you will be taken to that word in the InDesign document.
- Copy and paste text out of PageZephyr Search in plain text format (TXT).
Visit the PageZephyr Search page to purchase this content search application. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software on the Markzware Products page.
Has your DTP workflow tried the PageZephyr Search to search InDesign files? Please relate your experience in the comment section below. Please feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Content search to search InDesign (INDD) with PageZephyr Search!