Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Desktop publishing (DTP) workflows can find specific text within Adobe InDesign files. PageZephyr Search Mac is a stand-alone application that finds specific words in INDD documents. Users can find content in Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud INDD files.
This video shows you how to search Adobe InDesign text, using PageZephyr Search Mac:
PageZephyr Search can search Adobe InDesign text in InDesign CS through InDesign CC.
How to Search Adobe InDesign for Text, using PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you want to find.
- Hit Enter. (A files list is on the left; the highlighted text is in the file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (With an appropriate InDesign version loaded, you can open the relevant document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy.
- Indexes content in Apple Macintosh storage volumes with Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy this content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
Has this search solution helped your workflow to find Adobe InDesign text? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
How to Search Adobe InDesign Text via PageZephyr Search Mac