Without professional conversion software, carrying out a migration from QuarkXPress to InDesign could result in problems. Markzware offers conversion software that can convert QuarkXPress to INDD format for CS6 (Adobe Creative Suite 6).
InDesign Plugins to
Open QuarkXPress in Adobe INDD CS6: Q2ID
Markzware’s Q2ID can convert QXP document details to
Adobe InDesign for Creative Suite 6
In this article, we are exploring the advantages of using Q2ID CS6 plugins for file conversion. Q2ID benefits users, since it:
• enables easy data migration.
• preserves intellectual property.
• reduces costs of rebuilding QXP legacy files.
• eliminates time spent re-creating content in Adobe InDesign.
InDesign CS6 is customizable, to help you meet your Adobe Creative Suite 6 workflow’s needs. Q2ID allows users to move QuarkXPress (QXP) content into an INDD document, enabling an excellent return on investment.
To convert QuarkXPress to InDesign with Q2ID, click “Markzware” in the InDesign Menu Bar. Select “Convert QuarkXPress® Document…” from the Q2ID fly-out menu. Select the QuarkXPress file to convert. (You can do bulk conversion with Q2ID, by selecting multiple files for it to convert.) Click Open, and Save the new InDesign file.
There are many types of InDesign CS6 plugins at varying prices. Q2ID plugins can help users make a connection between QuarkXPress and InDesign documents.
Using Q2ID InDesign Plugins to
Open QuarkXPress in Adobe INDD CS6:
Using Q2ID, you can import QuarkXPress files into an InDesign CS6 project and make edits. Markzware’s InDesign plugins can make your file conversion painless, while giving you access to content that you can use to reach your audience.
1. Convert QuarkXPress® Document… – Clicking on this menu item will bring up an Open File window asking you to locate the QuarkXPress file you would like to convert.
2. Help… – Clicking this will bring up a small window with a few options.
When you select the Help… menu item, a small window appears with:
• the version number of Q2ID you are running.
• link to the Q2ID online manual, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the online Q2ID manual.
• link to the Markzware Tech Support Request Form, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the Markzware Online Technical Support Form.
3. Conversion progress bar – helps you to track the file conversion process.
Q2ID enables you to open InDesign CS6 files, while preserving text, images and other document details. This InDesign plugin enables you to import a QXP file into an INDD file, so that you can modify your layout within your workflow’s file format.
Markzware‘s InDesign plugins can solve some difficult document conversion problems. Q2ID handles the QuarkXPress to InDesign conversion for you, so that you can focus on other tasks and continue being productive.
Markzware’s Q2ID can open QuarkXPress file items in Adobe INDD CS6, including:
• linked text boxes
• page positioning
• text attributes
The Q2ID Bundle Subscription includes plugins for InDesign CC-CC 2015 (Creative Cloud), as well as for CS5-CS6 (Adobe Creative Suite), for Macintosh and Windows platforms. The subscription allows access to all of these plugins, plus free updates throughout the subscription term. You can buy the Q2ID Bundle Subscription, via the Q2ID page. See more document conversion tools on the Markzware Products page.
How did these InDesign plugins help you to open QuarkXPress in Adobe INDD CS5? Please comment below. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List and interact with Markzware on
InDesign Plugins to Open QuarkXPress in Adobe INDD CS6: Q2ID