Convert PDF to QuarkXPress with Markzware PDF2DTP, conversion software that enables graphic software users to edit PDF within QXP. For easy data conversion from PDF to QuarkXPress, Markzware provides the following how-to video and trouble-shooting tips for using this powerful QuarkXPress XTension:
PDF Conversion Software
Since a PDF is similar to a drawing with commands to render objects to a printer or screen, it can be difficult for creative professionals to accurately convert PDF to QuarkXPress. QuarkXPress XTension, PDF2DTP for QuarkXPress is conversion software from Markzware that can quickly convert PDF to QuarkXPress, bringing document elements (fonts, colors, images, etc.) from the PDF into QuarkXPress during the data conversion, with surprising accuracy.
PDF2DTP for QuarkXPress makes it possible to edit PDF in QXP, saving time by limiting manual adjustments needed to produce a graphic design document of acceptable quality. Watch this video on how to use conversion software to convert PDF to QuarkXPress for graphic arts:
How to Convert PDF to QuarkXPress with Conversion Software
QuarkXPress XTension, PDF2DTP, can convert a PDF file to QuarkXPress,
along with fonts, stylization, and more, so that you can edit PDF in QXP
How to Convert PDF to QuarkXPress with Conversion Software:
- In the Markzware menu item, click PDF2DTP and select “Convert PDF…” (This menu item allows you to select and convert all the pages in a PDF file, based on the currently set values of settings specified under the Preferences area.)
- To specify a range of pages, click PDF2DTP under the Markzware menu item and select “Convert Page Range…”.
- To set certain parameters and options for the conversion of PDF files, click PDF2DTP under the Markzware menu item and select “Preferences…”.
- To view the help/about window, click PDF2DTP under the Markzware menu item and select “Help…”.
Tips for Data Conversion from a PDF
Some tricky items for file conversion from PDF include trim size, media size, bleed, bad PDFs, subpar conversion results and printers marks:
- Trim Size: Document size of the converted PDF is based on “Trim” area defined by the PDF,
which may be different than dimensions displayed by a PDF viewer that uses the CropBox area.
- Media Size: A PDF may define a larger “Media” area with markings, registration targets and slugs.
Turn off Include Pasteboard Items in Preferences, so these objects can be ignored during file conversion.
- Bleed: A PDF may define a “Bleed” area slightly larger than page size.
- Bad PDFs: If a PDF becomes corrupted and cannot be displayed in a PDF viewer, PDF2DTP will automatically attempt to salvage as much of the document as possible.
- Subpar Conversion Results: If a PDF does not convert well, open and re-save it in Acrobat or another PDF editor (to repair / improve the PDF, or save it to a higher version), and then retry the conversion.
- Printers Marks: If you see Printers Marks, fold marks, or trim marks, disable the Include Pasteboard Items Preference. This will not convert any items outside the trim area.
How to Purchase QuarkXPress XTension to Convert PDF File to QXP
Don’t spend a bunch of time and money by re-creating PDF documents. Markzware provides document conversion tools that make data conversion easy! PDF2DTP for QuarkXPress can efficiently convert a PDF file to QuarkXPress for quick data conversion, while saving you cash and hours of effort. You can purchase this Quark XTension via the PDF2DTP page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) and document conversion tools for creative professionals, printers, and publishers on the Markzware Products page.
Has your DTP workflow used the PDF2DTP QuarkXPress XTension? Comment below to share your thoughts. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List and follow Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
How to convert PDF to QuarkXPress with conversion software: Use QuarkXPress XTension, PDF2DTP, to edit PDF in QXP!