QuarkXPress XTension, Markzware PDF2DTP, enables users to edit PDF in QXP. To make data conversion from PDF to QuarkXPress easier, Markzware provides trouble-shooting tips for using this powerful conversion software: Markzware QuarkXPress XTension A PDF is like a “drawing” with commands for rendering objects to printer or screen, so it can be difficult for creative professionals to convert PDF to QuarkXPress with accuracy. QuarkXPress XTension, PDF2DTP for QuarkXPress is conversion software from Markzware that can quickly convert PDF to QuarkXPress, bringing document elements (fonts, colors, images, etc.) from the PDF into QuarkXPress during the data conversion, with surprising accuracy. QuarkXPress XTension for File Conversion Markzware PDF2DTP for QuarkXPress makes it possible to edit PDF in QXP, saving time by limiting manual adjustments needed to produce a graphic design document of acceptable quality. Watch this video on how to use this conversion software to convert PDF to QuarkXPress for graphic arts:
How to Edit PDF in QXP with QuarkXPress XTension, PDF2DTP QuarkXPress XTension, Markzware PDF2DTP, can convert a PDF file to QuarkXPress, along with fonts, stylization, and more, so that you can edit PDF in QXP
Tips for PDF to QXP Some tricky items for data conversion from PDF to QXP include trim size, media size, bleed, bad PDFs, subpar conversion results and printers marks:
- Trim Size: The document size of the converted PDF is based on the “Trim” area defined by the PDF. This may be different than the dimensions displayed by a PDF viewer that uses the CropBox area.
- Media Size: A PDF may also define a “Media” area of larger size that contains various markings, registration targets and slugs. Turn off the “Include Pasteboard Items” in the Preferences, to direct PDF2DTP to ignore these objects during file conversion.
- Bleed: A PDF may also define a “Bleed” area slightly larger than the page size.
- Bad PDFs: If a PDF becomes corrupted and cannot be displayed in a PDF viewer, Markzware PDF2DTP will automatically attempt to salvage as much of the document as possible.
- Subpar Conversion Results: If a PDF file does not convert well (some legacy files can be problematic), open it and re-save it in a PDF editor, such as Acrobat, and then retry the conversion. Most PDF editors can repair or improve the PDF, or perhaps allow you to save to a higher version.
- Printers Marks: If you see Printers Marks, fold marks, or trim marks, disable the Include Pasteboard Items Preference. This will not convert any items outside the trim area.
How to Purchase QuarkXPress XTension to Edit PDF in QXP Don’t spend a bunch of money and time re-creating PDF documents. Markzware provides document conversion tools that make data conversion easy! Markzware PDF2DTP for QuarkXPress can efficiently convert a PDF file to QuarkXPress for quick data conversion, while saving you cash and hours of effort. The Markzware PDF2DTP Quark XTension can be purchased via the PDF2DTP page. See more document conversion tools for creative professionals, printers, and publishers on the Markzware Products page. Have you used the PDF2DTP QuarkXPress XTension in your DTP workflow to edit PDF in QXP? Comment below to share your thoughts. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List and follow Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Convert PDF file to QuarkXPress: Use Markzware PDF2DTP QuarkXPress XTension to edit PDF in QXP!