Learn How To Package Print Files, Fonts,
Images, Previews & Reports For Uploading &
Archiving, With FlightCheck
Video: FlightCheck Package Feature – Overview
This video tutorial shows how to package your
DTP page layouts, via the Package feature in Markzware’s FlightCheck.
FlightCheck Package Feature
FlightCheck® has a feature to collect all of the files related to the job to be output. This “Package” feature is a great way to gather all of your fonts and images for the job, in one convenient location.
How To Package Print Files To Upload
For Online Publishing Or To Archive
• Select the “Package” button in the FlightCheck Toolbar, to open the Package Window. Decide whether you want the packaged job to be zipped or to be saved within a folder.
• Click the “Package” button at the bottom of the “Package” window and FlightCheck will collect and package all of the document’s elements into one folder, along with your selected Reports. You can send the packaged job to someone or place it in your archive.
• The Package feature is pre-set to include an HTML version of each of the three reports (Inventory Report, a Preflight Report, and a FlightCheck report), in the package. (See the “Report” area in FlightCheck, under Packaging.) You can change the FlightCheck Report Preferences or you can manually select or deselect specific reports to be added to the package, via the “Package” window.
FlightCheck will even compress the print job files, so you can easily collaborate with your workflow team members. It will collect the files for the job into a ZIP file, including the native file, fonts, images, PDF, IDML, page previews, preflight report, a “FlightCheck approved” icon, and other files associated with the job.
You can archive the packaged print job files, ensuring that you have all pieces of the job, so you’ll be able to edit it, in the future. When the collected job file is decompressed, there will be a folder that includes all used fonts, all used images, a preflight report, and the native file.
Package Print Files
FlightCheck will collect any common file format. When this preflight application packages, for example, Adobe InDesign document jobs, the application will include an IDML with the packaged files.
Markzware’s Adobe InDesign file converter, IDMarkz, will open InDesign files in lower versions of InDesign, convert the files to IDML, or open them in Affinity Publisher. When you purchase FlightCheck, you automatically get IDMarkz (a 99 Dollar/Euro value) included, for free.
Other Markz line products include PDFMarkz (PDF to InDesign & More), QXPMarkz (QuarkXPress to InDesign & More), and OmniMarkz (InDesign, PDF, & QuarkXPress to Many Formats). Check out these applications on the Markzware Products page.
Packaged Jobs Include Preflight Reports
FlightCheck can package the following three types of reports for you.
(It will also output them as HTML, JSON, RTF, or XML formats.)
1. The Preflight Report contains the information shown in Preflight Mode View.
2. The Inventory Report is what you see in the Inventory Mode View.
3. The Packaging Report shows what was packaged with your job.
The “Package Detail” tells you what is in your packaged job and provides Document, Report, and Page Preview Summaries.
After using FlightCheck‘s Package feature, the job is ready to be sent to other workflow members.
Get A Subscription Or Free Demo
You can purchase a FlightCheck Subscription for only $249, or you can try the Free, 30-day, fully-functional Demo download, now, by clicking here!
Check out the great FlightCheck
Reviews and Testimonials.
Begin Your FlightCheck Journey!
Sign up for our newsletter, to receive the latest Markzware product updates:
Welcome to FlightCheck.
Get Prepared, Get Approved, With FlightCheck!
How To Package Print Files, Fonts, Images, Previews & Reports For Uploading & Archiving: FlightCheck