Get An Overview Of Ground Controls
In Markzware FlightCheck!
Download The Free FlightCheck Demo
And Ensure Print Quality, Today!
Preflight Print & Desktop Publishing Files, With The Markzware FlightCheck Application
Preflight Prepress Checkpoints For Print
Preflight is going over your completed job files to identify and correct potential problems before the files are output to film. Proper preflight procedures not only reduce your prepress costs, but also make sure your job is accurately output within your turnaround time. The term preflight is used to describe the process of checking a document prior to output, with the intention of catching potential problems as early as possible.
Prepress Software For Print And Online Publishing
Markzware FlightCheck is a stand-alone program that implements this process electronically. The new Ground Control Settings are the heartbeat of FlightCheck that provides a pre-defined checklist that you can select, from depending on the importance of your specific needs. These are checks for specific traits or conditions that may exist within a document.
“So glad Markzware is accommodating all the changes in computers and software — couldn’t work without FlightCheck!”– Terri Wright, Owner/Principal,
Book Lotus Productions, booklotus.com +
Production Director, Serbin Creative, serbincreative.com
In the FlightCheck Ground Controls, there are a series of toggle switches that are in one of three states:
1. Ignore – This tells FlightCheck you are not interested in this trait.
2. Warning – This is important, but not a show stopper and your job can still be sufficiently processed.
3. Error – This is very important and needs to be fixed now, before the job moves any further down the workflow.
In the Ground Control Settings, you can have an option of viewing them as a ‘List’ which gives less information, or if you desire to have more details about your settings this selection will provide that by selecting ‘Detail’. The areas of selection that you can choose from include:
• File information
• Page Setup
You can choose to use a default Ground Control Setting, from the following options. (FlightCheck provides standard Ground Control sets that best fit those particular default settings.)
• Page Layout Default
• Vector Default
• Graphics Default
• Image Default
Features to Preflight Print Files In Prepress
FlightCheck also has handy desktop workflow features, to work with other workflows:
• Export a document preview as PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG or GIF.
• Open multiple files at once.
• Generate one-off reports about your document.
• Package your document and create reports based on detected document items.
• Export an Inventory section as a CSV file, to use in reporting tools.
Prepress Preflighting With FlightCheck
FlightCheck allows you to view your documents in Inventory Mode or Preflight Mode:
• Inventory Mode – FlightCheck displays a breakdown of items detected in your document, includind File Size, Creation and Modification Dates, Number of Pages, Used Fonts, Colors and Images. You can move the Inventory sections up or down in the list. You can also adjust the column order and hide or show columns.
• Preflight Mode – FlightCheck displays a list of the Preflight Rules that were triggered, with details about items that triggered the rule. FlightCheck reports a FlightCheck Score for your document’s print-readiness. The higher the score, the more print-ready your document is, for final output.
Markzware FlightCheck is a macOS application that can preflight, preview, report on and package desktop publishing files. FlightCheck does not require the native Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, or other DTP applications to be loaded on your computer, in order to process these file types.
Purchasing And Availability
Check out the great Reviews and Testimonials
we receive from people using FlightCheck.
You can also sign up to our newsletter, to be
notified when a new version is available, at:
Get Prepared, Get Approved, With FlightCheck.
Video: FlightCheck Ground Controls – Overview
Markzware’s FlightCheck application offers print document previews, preflighting, reporting, and
packaging for pre-press and publishing. This handy software offers many features, including
Ground Controls (described in this video) to warn you of document production issues!
FlightCheck Ground Controls Overview: Prepress Preflighting Checkpoints